Students bring the talent at CAB open mic night

Whether it was singing, rapping or poetry it was welcome to the Campus Activities Board’s 2nd annual open mic night at Schulze Cafeteria.

It was co-sponsored by Aramark the caterers of ULM’s food.

Its M.C. was CAB member Brea Joyner who kept the crowd alive with her witty banter.

The open mic started o with a poem that was so powerful the crowd had mix of traditional snaps and claps.

With over a dozen performers that came out there was no shortage of talent.

It was so much talent that even a spectator who was not on the list to perform came out of the crowd and did a couple spoken words.

As the the sun set and the temperature dropped even more people came out to support those who were participating in the Open Mic Night.

Once the temperature fell to the forties hot chocolate and apple cider was given out all who were in atten- dance.

Even though it was a few degrees away from freezing the crowd stayed until the event was over and a winner was announced.

Elliot Gonzales who played his guitar and sang the song “ is Love” by Maroon 5 was asked to come back,

and do an encore.
During the intermissions Elliot who was also the 2nd place finisher would play his guitar amongst the crowd while others would sing along with him.

“To get students excited about staying home on the weekends and to showcase some of ULM’s talent,” said by CAB member Eddie Raimundi.

The winners of the Open Mic Night were YFT (Your Favorite Twins) featuring Marty Mar (Mar- tin Moore).

“We were shocked that we won, because we didn’t even know it was a competition, but we are happy that we won,” said by YFT featuring Marty Mar.

“I came to see the talent and different types of performances,” said by Will Atkins.

“It also crossed mind to perform.”

The crowd was given a surprise performer when the M.C. rocked the mic. Even though she wasn’t an eligible contestant, it was a treat for the audience.