Hawks swap wins with Panthers

GAME 1

Cale Wine picked up his fourth win of the year as ULM beat Florida International 7-4 on Friday at the FIU Baseball Stadium.

Wine allowed just two earned runs on nine hits and three walks in 5.1 innings of work for the Warhawks (14-20, 4-9). Closer Tyler Bray took the mound in the eighth inning, recording the game’s final five outs and picking up his second save of the year.

The Golden Panthers (18-15) jumped out to a 3-0 lead before Judd Edwards and Taylor Abdalla ignited the ULM offense in the fifth inning. The duo combined for six hits, three RBI’s and two runs.

The Warhawks plated two more runs in the sixth inning and their final run of the night in the seventh.

GAME 2

ULM collapsed under a barrage of offense from FIU in a 9-4 loss on Saturday night in Miami.

The Warhawks built a 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning on a left field double from Chris Dudley and a fielding error by the Golden Panthers that scored Justin Stawychny.

After scoring a run in the bottom of the first, FIU came to life in the second, scoring five unearned runs.

ULM added two more runs in the fourth and seventh innings on a solo homerun from freshman Dalton Todd and a Herrington sacrifice fly that sent Stawychny across home plate.

The Golden Panthers closed out the seventh inning by plating three more runs. Shelby Aulds was charged with the loss, but surrendered only one earned run.

The Warhawks return to Warhawk Field on Tuesday, April 16 for a showdown against Tulane. First pitch is scheduled for 12 p.m.