Hawkeye P.O.V.: Football team still destined for success

One of the most important aspects of any university is the amount of support it receives from its students and faculty.

Friday starts Super Warhawk Weekend, and The Hawkeye is urging all Warhawks to go out and get involved.

With so many events scheduled, there’s sure to be something available for everyone to do—regardless of your interests.

The baseball team takes on Troy University at 6 p.m. on Friday and will continue to face off against the Trojans throughout the weekend.

Not to mention, one of the many events taking place on Saturday is the annual Maroon and Gold football game, which will also include a benefit to help raise money for football player and fellow Warhawk, Harley Scioneaux, who was diagnosed with cancer.

The benefit is a great example of showing support, but we shouldn’t stop there.

The Hawkeye thinks it’s important for all to get out and support the university and its students whenever possible, and we encourage everyone to cheer on our fellow Warhawks this weekend.

If you’re not into sports, the annual National Pan-Hellenic Council Greek Step Show will take place at 6 p.m. on Saturday in the coliseum.

And who doesn’t like all you can eat crawfish? For $25 you can have crawfish and all the works at the La Louisianne Crawfish Boil starting at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday.

And Browse on the Bayou is also a great way to show support, by promoting the university to visiting high schoolers.

Whatever your interests are—participate. It’s essential that our university gets the support it warrants, and this weekend gives a great opportunity for everyone to do so.

A complete schedule of Super Warhawk Weekend can be found on page 14.