Softball loses LA Tech scrimmage

The ULM Softball team played Louisiana Tech in a fall friendly on Friday night. The final score favored Tech 15-0. It was not an average game; the teams played a total of 10 innings instead of seven. The exhibition showcased both full rosters.

The Lady Techsters outhit ULM 21-5 in an error-less game. The Warhawk offense struggled to make any progress on the day and stranded countless runners on the bases throughout the game.

The Warhawk defense gave up three hits and three runs in the bottom of the second, breaking the tie, while only getting one hit on offense. They executed in the fourth after giving up back-to-back hits. Both runners were left on base.

The Tech offense exploded for nine runs in the fifth on eight errors and a couple ULM errors. The game quickly became a practice.

They made their first pitching change of the night to start the sixth, but the change was insignificant. ULM was retired in the top of the next two innings, while their opponents turned a double play to end the top of the eighth.

ULM gave up two more runs with an RBI groundout and an RBI single.

The Warhawks left two runners on the bases in each of the final two innings as they faced their third Tech pitcher of the night. The shortstop ended both attacks on a groundout and a pop up.

The team will play its alumni game on October 15, and will face Louisiana Tech again at home on October 21 at 6 PM.