Women’s basketball cans Centenary in 1st game

Photo by Siddharth Gaulee
Photo by Siddharth Gaulee
Photo by Siddharth Gaulee
Photo by Siddharth Gaulee

Basketball season is here and the women’s team showed out to play ball against Centenary College on Friday . The Warhawks scored their first points after seven minutes had passed. The game was tied for a mere 13 seconds until the Warhawks scored again.

The team worked together to get the ball down the court in the second half of the game. e game ended with an 84-39 win over Centenary College.

The Warhawks had added six new transfers to the team. They showed Friday that winning was their primary goal for the season. First game jitters showed them no fright as they took the lead.

Transfer student Stephanie Ratcli was the lead scorer of the game.

She scored a record high of 22 points and 16 field goals. Ratcli was on a roll when it came rebounds with 11 total in

the game. She also led the team with three blocks.

Alexis Collins, a transfer student from Co-Lin Community College, was the second leading scorer on Friday. She scored 12 points just in the first half of the game. 19 total points for the Warhawks. She also had 5 assists in the game.

Coach Je Dow had a positive post- game attitude.

“I’m really pleased with the effort… overall focus and how hard we played,” Dow said.

Dow also mentioned that the team needs to strengthen defensively in preparation for their future games.

The Warhawks will take on Grambling ,Tuesday at 6 p.m. in Fant-Ewing Coliseum. Come support your Warhawks as they face the Tigers at home.