BCM Construction: Building feels like home to students

ULM BCM Facebook

Students work on the construction of the new BCM building.

Most students currently attending ULM do not have any memory of a Baptist Collegiate Ministry building being present on campus, but that’s all about to change.

The BCM is going into its third year without a building on campus, and the ministry is excited construction on a new building is nearing completion.

Chad McClurg, the director of the BCM, said  the organization is hoping to be in their newly constructed building in spring of 2018. 

McClurg said he hopes the permanent location of the new building “will be beneficial for the campus as a whole.”

Students will not have to travel anymore to other locations for BCM events.

The building will be open all day making it easier for students to form relationships at the BCM.

Martha Zabel, a senior marketing major and BCM intern, is looking forward to getting new students involved and spending time with people at the BCM. 

When Zabel came in as a freshman, she had the joy of spending a year in the building before it was torn down.

In that year, Zabel spent a lot of her time hanging out at the BCM, forming friendships and gaining mentors.

“I am looking forward to the times between classes when students come by the building and hang out,” Zabel said.

“I am also looking forward to being back on campus and getting more students involved in what we do and believe.” 

Although the BCM has been growing without a building, they cannot wait for the day when they can spend time in the new building, be more accessible to students and meet together for years to come.