Elected CAB officers take on NACA

ULM Hawkeye

Campus activities play a huge role in students’ university life. The recognized student organization, Campus Activities Board, knows this and plans accordingly by finding new ideas to implement in the upcoming school year.
This year, the 2018-2019 executive board of Campus Activities Board attended the National Association of Campus Activities in Boston, Massachusetts.
The four-day conference was designed for campus activity organizations across America to meet different agencies who provide entertainment for different college events.
The new officers who attended got the chance to meet other students who plan their college events at their respective universities, meet potential artists for concerts and bring back fresh ideas for future ULM events.
The students also learned how to plan events more efficiently.
This conference makes it easier for the new officers to plan events that they cannot ask for student input from. They are given catalogues that have different attractions that can be used in different campus activities.
While there, the students attended different sessions for specific event planning and got a grand tour of the Boston area.
The officers enjoyed themselves and cannot wait to bring back the ideas that they learned and implement them into campus life.
The 2018-2019 CAB officers are: President, Sarthak Neupane; vice president, Phillip Vu-Nguyen; secretary, Henry Diaz-Ruiz; treasurer, Pujan Dahal and public relations officer, Siddharth Gaulee.
The CAB advisor is Brea Joyner, a 2017 graduate of the university. Their first huge event of the upcoming school year will be Week of Welcome.