Intramural Flag-Football season starts

Azaria Revels, [email protected]

As the school year progresses, the Activity Center is booming with students in an effort to prepare for another successful year of intramural competition. Tuesday, September 18, the flag football teams gathered for a day long tournament. The stands were packed with students who came to support, spectate, and gather with rowdy friends who just love a good game. The players’ work is cut out for them, as the teams showed no signs of slacking making for a nail-biting tournament. New member, John Riley had this to say when questioned on what he was most looking forward to: “Winning”.
After the tournament, more players volunteered to speak about their determination and hopes for this season. This year’s most ambitious and notable members gave an inside look at their mindsets. When asked what his favorite part of playing is, sophomore Tamir Robertson stated, “I like to see the stats after each game. It gives me something more to work towards for next time.” The talented student also replied, without a second to waste, “Winning” when asked what he was looking forward to this season.
Junior Blair Guillory who has been part of the intramural program for three consecutive years, also offered a piece of his mind. Guillory is one of the newest members of the Phi Delta Chi team, or PDC, who earned the winning title of Tuesday’s tournament. Phi Delta Chi is the fraternity of the university’s pharmacy school and has been known as a threat and leading team for several seasons. Guillory stated that the schedule for each team’s upcoming season will be posted by Thursday, September 20 and that the reigning champ’s next game will be this Monday, September 24 against a currently unknown rival. Guillory responded to whether he was participating for the fun of the game or a more competitive contender with, “I don’t lose”. When asked what his favorite part of the intramural program was, Guillory answered—of course— “Winning”.
The intramural flag football program is well-known and this season remains one of the most highly anticipated. The tournament gave the teams the chance to see the strengths and weaknesses of other opponents, as well as themselves meaning all bets are off this coming Monday as the season resumes and eager teams prepare for a winning season.