Ballots are in, results are out

The ballots are in, and apart from the homecoming King and Queen, the university has a good idea who’s going to be on the Homecoming court. Also, the referendum vote came in.
There will be runoffs for Homecoming King and Queen on Wednesday, Oct.3. The candidates for Homecoming Queen are Cindy Ho and Ellen Ingram. While, the candidates for King are Joey Walker and Philip Vu-Nguyen. Shelby Carrier and Sarthak Neupane are already elected as senior maid and senior beau respectively.
This time, there are considerably more people on the court. Two beaux and maids are chosen per classification. Men for the first time will have representation other than king.
Many of the winners were surprised and excited to see the election results.
“I feel humbled and honored to be one of the people to represent this wonderful institution. I will be representing my freshman class in the court. Having support from the student body is an awesome feeling. I could not have done without them, so in return, I’ll do my best to represent them,” said Niko Perez, a freshman medical lab science major and newly elected freshmen beau.
Toni Corso, a junior political science major and one of the junior maids said, “It was a pleasant surprise! I know it seems so cliché to say, but I feel so supported by so many beautiful people!”
“I want to represent our junior class as a prideful Warhawk student. I am definitely going to continue to promote this school and stay humbled by all it has already offered me! My mom always tells me” despite all things, always remain humble and kind,” she added.
Besides, the Homecoming Court, the result of the proposed “Student Spirit Athletic Fee” was also announced. The referendum was voted on alongside the homecoming court. Out of 2964 students who voted, 2093 voted for NO, while 712 voted in favor of the fee increase.