MTV shows too much ‘SKIN’

MTV’s new show “Skins” seems to be getting a lot of at­tention and not in a good way.

“Skins” premiered Jan. 17, has been the topic of everyone’s conversation.

The show is a remake of a British sharing the same name. The show is also a spinoff of the controversial 1995 film “KIDS.”

“Skins” takes audiences into the lives of teenagers who are all about partying, sex and drugs.

Since its premiere, The Parents Television Council announced that they are urging the Depart­ment of Justice, U.S. Senate and House Judiciary Committees to open an investigation.

Some are concerned that the show contains child pornogra­phy. However, MTV did not confirm or deny that accusation.

“Skins is a show that address­es real-world issues confronting teens in a frank way,” a rep for the network said.

“We are confident that the episodes of ‘Skins’ will not only comply with all applicable legal requirements, but also with our responsibilities to our viewers.” he added. Advertisers have also gotten involved, by pulling ads from the show.

We constantly see teens do things without their parents’ permission, but who has the right to blame the producers for delivering daily real life mes­sages.

It is a way to open eyes to par­ents as well as kids on issues that teens are faced with on a regular basis.

Tune in Monday nights at 9 p.m. to decide whether you are shirts or “Skins”.

contact Donald Gibson at

[email protected]