Hawkeye seniors say goodbye

Hawkeye seniors say goodbye

Cole Avery

Avery started working as a staff writer in the Spring of 2011. He became News Editor in the Fall of 2011 and became Editor in Chief in the Spring of 2012.

Avery has won numerous awards including second place for Journalist of the year at the Best of the South Banquet. He also received first place columnist in LPA.

Avery will graduate with a degree in Mass Communications concentrating in journalism. Avery now works full time for The News-Star.

Emma HerrockHerrock worked as the Editor in Chief in the Spring 2013 semester. She became Freestyle Editor in the fall of 2012 but has written for The Hawkeye since Fall of 2011.

Herrock will graduate with a degree in Mass Communications concentrating in journalism.

During her career, she won first place for Arts and Entertainment writer at the Best of the South Banquet at the Southeast Journalism Conference.

Adam HunsuckerHunsucker worked as the Sports Editor for one semester but began writing for the sports section in the Fall of 2012.

He will graduate with a masters in Communication. This semester, he attended the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston. He recieved his bachelor of arts in Political Science from the University of Tennessee.

He would like you all to know that great efforts were made to take this halfway decent photo.

Michelle McDanielMcDaniel has worked as Art Director for two semesters but has worked for The Hawkeye for two years.

She will graduate with a degree in Fine Arts concentrating in graphic design.

McDaniel placed in the news graphic designer category at the Best of the South Banquet at the Southeast Journalism Conference.

After graduation McDaniel plans to move to Winnsboro where she wants to promote art in her hometown community.

Emi McIntyreMcIntyre started working at The Hawkeye in the Spring of 2012. She became Photo Editor in the Fall of 2012.

She will graduate with a degree in Fine Arts concentrating in photography.

During her career, she’s received an honorable mention for a news photo at LPA and first place in feature photos at the APME.

McIntyre is currently working as a photographer for The News-Star.

Catherine MorrisonMorrison worked as the freestyle editor in the Spring 2013 semester but has written for The Hawkeye since the Fall of 2011.

She will graduate with a degree in Mass Communications concentrating in journalism with a minor in dance.

Morrison has performed in multiple theater productions at ULM including “Chicago.”

After graduation Morrison is moving to Dallas, Texas, to pursue a career in dance.