New series bring humor, horror and mystery to TV

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Detective Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) has never had a problem catching the bad guy. Because of his impressive record, the rules don’t seem to apply to him and he has no problem taking advantage this. Captain Holt (Andre Braugher) believes in following regulation, and doesn’t plan to put up with Parelta’s disregard for the rules. Starring Emmy Award winners Andy Samberg and Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine Nine is a new comedy premiering Sept. 17, about a wild detective and his crew of strange colleagues, suddenly faced with the challenge of working with a stern, new captain with much to prove. Together, they catch perps, catch feelings, and catch a glimpse into each other’s personal lives.

Ravenswood

Ravenswood follows a fatal curse on a town not far from Rosewood, PA. Five complete strangers, including Pretty Little Liars’ Caleb (Tyler Blackburn), find themselves connected by this old curse that has been haunting the town for generations. Together, they must delve deep into Ravenswood’s history before it’s too late for all of them. Mystery and murder become a terrifying theme in the lives of Ravenswood’s “lucky” cursed five. The series will premiere on ABC Family following the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special on Oct. 22.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization of S.H.I.E.L.D on Sept. 24. Coulson assembles a skilled team of agents to help him with new, unclassified cases that bring more to the table than the team expected. Spy and combat master Agent Grant Ward, pilot and martial artist Melinda May, civilian computer hacker Skye and the awkward, genius duo of scientists Agent Leo Fitzand Agent Jemma Simmons make up this winning S.H.I.E.L.D. team. Together, they will tackle the unknown and prove that powers aren’t needed to make a difference.

The Crazy Ones

On Sept. 26, Robin Williams will make his television series comeback on CBS’ The Crazy Ones.  In the show, Simon Roberts (Williams) is the head of a powerful advertising agency. He spends his days being a hot head and success is the ultimate goal. Having his daughter, Sydney (Sarah Michelle Gellar), along for the ride as his partner is all he ever dreamed and her biggest nightmare. Sydney is the exact opposite of her father and, as much as he may try to help she is determined to succeed on her own. Still, Roberts makes it nearly impossible for her to keep her cool, and the show follows their adventures together, both in the business and family world.

Sleepy Hollow

Premiering Sept. 16, Washington Irving’s “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” will be retold with a modern twist. The show stars Tom Mison as a resurrected Ichabod Crane, thrown two and a half centuries back in time. Crane is on a mission to solve a mystery dating back to the founding of the 50 states, but not without a little trouble along the way. Also revived is the Headless Horseman, who is leaving a trail of blood through Sleepy Hollow. Crane is bound to the Horseman by an ancient blood spell, and comes to find that the infamous Headless Horseman is not one enemy, but four different immortal beings. The show follows Crane’s journey through present-day Sleepy Hollow, where he’ll uncover more secrets and lies than he imagined.