Halloween is nowhere near as evil as some people claim

Halloween. The demonic holiday started thousands of years ago to celebrate the creatures of night, right?

Wrong.

Some people of faith avoid Halloween because they believe that it is sinful or has pagan origins. But that’s just a myth.

The Druids did hold a holiday called Samhain, but because they didn’t keep written records little about the event is known. However, the little that is known bears very little in common with our modern holiday.

Many things of the notable parts of Halloween, like trick or treating, were gradually added for various reasons rather than borrowed from some pagan ritual.

But let’s stop the debate over what Halloween really means and let’s just have fun with it. Halloween is my favorite holiday because to me it means dressing silly, going to parties and gives me an excuse to stuff my face with candy.

It does not mean I’m summoning evil spirits or worshipping demons.

Halloween is just as much of a tradition for many people as Christmas is. When I’m trying to enjoy my Christmas time, I don’t want people around me trying to start arguments over faith, especially when some people are just trying to argue for the sake of it.

I just want to enjoy the holiday. And it’s the same with Halloween.

Times change and so do traditions. I don’t understand how someone could find it demonic when children run around dressed as a bumblebee or Spiderman while begging for Butterfingers.

Don’t get me wrong, though. I’m not saying you have to enjoy Halloween. Everyone celebrates it differently just like everyone has different ways they celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving. Just let the people who do enjoy Halloween continue to do so.