ULM Athletics receives $450,000 donation from JPS Aviation/JPS Equipment Rental

The ULM department of athletics has secured a gift from JPS Aviation/JPS Equipment Rental for new FieldTurf at Malone Stadium.

“JPS Aviation/JPS Equipment Rental is a key part of the Monroe Community and because of this partnership, a huge step of the Warhawk Facilities Vision can be made,” said Brian Wickstrom, Director of Athletics at ULM. “This will provide a lot of momentum as we continue to fund different phases of the Warhawk Facilities Vision.”

The donation of $450,000 from JPS Aviation/JPS Equipment Rental will cover the cost of the new FieldTurf and for the donation, the name of the field will now be JPS Field at Malone Stadium. The length of the naming rights will be a minimum of eight years. The donation also shows a strong commitment from JPS Aviation/JPS Equipment Rental to ULM.

“The JPS companies are excited about this partnership with ULM,” said Jason Bullock, President of JPS Aviation. “We are big proponents of serving the local community as we are locally owned and operated and it has always been important for us to give back. ULM AD Brian Wickstrom presented this opportunity to us and it looked to be a good deal for us. It is important for the football team to have a quality surface to play on and this new surface helps get our name out there, so it is truly a win-win.”

The new FieldTurf will go wall-to-wall and will total 78,000 square feet. It is the same playing surface the Warhawks played on at Wake Forest in 2013 and other notable FBS schools that have the FieldTurf Revolution are: Louisville, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Oregon, Texas, Texas Tech and Wisconsin.

“I am honored and appreciative to be associated with a group of people like these who are showing dedication to the university and want to see it grow into the program that we all want it to be,” said Kevin Woods, President of the ULM Athletic Foundation.

courtesy of ULM Office of Public Information

For more on this story, check out the next issue of the Hawkeye coming out on Feb. 10.