ULM’s Hanser is new head of Louisiana domestic violence governance body

“This is a very great honor to serve in this capacity,” said Hanser. “I am grateful for the trust and the willingness of our constituent programs, as well as the members of the board, to allow me to aid in this important issue.”

Hanser is the first male in LCADV’s history to serve as both Vice President and President of the Board of Directors.

“This is really a sign of the times,” he said. “Louisiana is progressing in its understanding of domestic violence, and in the process, male citizens are being asked to take an active part in the cause to end domestic violence.”

According to their website, the LCADV is the federally designated statewide coalition of shelters, non-residential programs, and individuals working to end domestic violence in Louisiana.

LCADV’s programs serve people throughout the entire state, assisting individuals from all backgrounds. LCADV opposes violence as a means of control over others and supports equality in relationships.

Over the past two years, Hanser has served as vice president of the LCADV board. He said, “The issues have been complex, both in terms of assistance, management of resources, funding, and dynamics within the state.”

Nevertheless, he has found this to be the most rewarding community work that he has experienced, to date.

“The ability to assist survivors of these crimes and to impact our entire state, for the better, is something of which I am quite humbled.”

Courtesy ULM of Public Information