Hiding cancer cure an unethical move

When people invest in something, they expect to receive something in return. However, while cancer patients are spending their life savings to stay alive, they are being deprived of a longer life due to a cure that may be being kept secret.

How would you feel if someone was keeping from you the very thing that could keep you alive? There’s no doubt you would be furious.

Although people wish to be treated fairly, it’s a fact that not everyone wants to treat others the same. Though this is true, people should never be mistreated when their health is at stake.

The world has been looking for the cure to cancer for decades and many believe that the cure has not been found. Unfortunately, those who believe this could be mistaken.

According to Technorati Media, the cure for cancer was discovered by scientists at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada.

The cure consists of what is called a “dichloroacetate”, which is a simple drug used to treat metabolic disorders.

This drug is so simple that there are no side effects and no patent is required. Since a patent is not required, it makes the drug relatively cheaper compared to other cancer treatments. This is where the real issue comes in to play.

The drug requires no patent, therefore pharmaceutical companies are not able to profit from it. They have been keeping this cure a secret as much as possible because it will not help their pockets in any way.

Though it’s all only theory and speculation. It’s very saddening to know that a “medical professional” could be holding back a cure that could save millions of lives, just so he or she won’t lose money. It seems that the very people whose job is to “help” have their priorities out of order.

What’s so fascinating about the supposed drug is that it will completely cure cancer, while the treatment that is currently used to cure cancer only keeps the disease under control.

On the other hand, we should consider the people who have survived cancer that will spend the rest of their lives paying off medical bills that could have been avoided if they had known about the cure.

Some may think that people like this should just be thankful to be alive. That may be true, but we should still empathize with those who wasted what could have been used to send their child to college instead.

Think about it this way: if you had a sickness in your body that kept you from spending time with the ones you love, and took away everything that you spent your whole life working for, wouldn’t you be just a little frustrated?

You may be young and healthy now, but life does not guarantee that your health won’t hit a bump in the road. We should spread the word about this possible cure to everyone we know. We should take action, putting the drug in full affect to save people from the pain and suffering they don’t deserve.