Hawkeye P.O.V.: Rushing through school not beneficial

The idea of finally being done with school is enough to make any of us jump like we just spent all 500 dollars of flex on caffeine filled esspresso shots from Starbucks.

But, as advising and finals approach, and you realize you’re that much closer to dancing off this campus, there are a few things to remember.

Rushing through school may not be the best idea. At least not in the long run.

Squeezing in 20  hours when you’re struggling with 15 hours and a job isn’t worth ruining your GPA. If the first thing you think of when you look back on college so far is how tired and stressed you are all the time, you’re probably doing it wrong.

Take your time, study hard and don’t stress.

But, more importantly, don’t let your desire to be done with school make you miss out on anyting.

Have you been to Mardi Gras ball? Have you attended a football game? Have you seen one of those cool projected movies in the Grove?

You’ve got your whole life to work, pay bills and spend evenings in the local bar with co-workers. But, the chance to participate in Spring Fever events and rush week are gone once you have a degree in hand.

And being like that creepy guy in high school that graduated, realized he misses it and now spends his time trolling around the hallways and visiting teachers is not an option. There’s only one chance to get it right, and it has to be now.

Any college student has heard from some sibing, parent, aunt or uncle that the “real world” stinks. Why rush to become a part of it?

Growing-up and becoming an adult with responsiblities will never run away from you. But, being young and free will.