Spring forward new fashion trends

After a long, cold winter, spring is finally here. It’s time to put away those big pea coats and knee-high boots. As the temperature increases, new spring fashion trends are also on the rise.

This spring new trends as well as past trends are sure to surface.

Vadesha Sadler, a junior biology major, said she is definitely looking forward to the harsh cold leaving so she can experience some sunshine.

“Since it is going to be bright and beautiful outside, I do channel that burst of energy into my outfits,” Sadler said.

Look out for skirts and dresses, trousers, crop tops, tank tops, rompers and high-waist bottoms. Maxi skirts and dresses will definitely be in this spring.

Leotards and bodysuits are making a comeback and have been appearing in popular clothing stores, such as Body Central and Forever 21.

Katrina McKee, a sophomore kinesiology major, said she will be wearing flats as her primary choice of shoes because there is a large variety of sandals now and they are comfortable.

“Also prints, whether it is floral, tribal, ikat. And as far as accessories, bold statement necklaces, such as bubble necklaces can complement just about any outfit,” McKee said.

Do it yourself, or DIY, clothing styles are always a hit during the warm weather seasons. So ladies and gentlemen, get ready to cut and distress your jeans from the winter and transform them into shorts for the spring.

Also cut-out tops and dresses are other trendy clothing styles.

Colors, patterns and prints on the rise for this season include pastels, floral print, tribal and Aztec prints.

Guys can get in on the pastels too for a festive look this spring.  Another unisex style is ombre-where a color fades into a different color. This design gives a special flare to any article of clothing, shoes or accessories.

As for accessories, headbands with flowers are a definite fad on the rise for this season. It gives a bohemian/hippie look that goes hand in hand with nature and spring.

“I’m extremely excited about getting to finally put up the sweaters and bringing out my dresses, cooler denim clothing, bold tanks, and colored hand bags and accessories,” said Sadler.

Sandals, booties and ballet flats are a perfect shoe choice for spring.

Spring trends are all about having fun and mixing styles up. Show off some skin and let the walking fashion show begin.