Hawkeye POV: President Bruno: Welcome to our Warhawk family

“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”

This saying by Albert Einstein relates directly to the selection of ULM’s new president last week. Nick J. Bruno was selected to be the eighth president of our university, finally filling the vacant spot left by James Cofer three months ago.

As students, it is time to accept the fact that President Bruno is our president, and we need to rally behind him and show him the support and respect he deserves.

The reason the above quote fits President Bruno so well is because he was not exactly the most popular choice among students.

However, the UL System felt like he was the right choice, and that’s why he won by a vote of 13-0.

The Hawkeye website recently posted an online survey for students to log onto to vote for who they would like to have seen as president, and after three days of being open, Thomas Moore was the clear winner. President Bruno has obviously felt the wrath of not being the most popular.

“I’m going to work hard to prove that I will be a good president for all ULM constituencies,” Bruno said after being chosen last week. It appears that President Bruno is ready and willing to prove to us that he is the right choice for this position.

If the UL System feels he is the perfect man for the job, then he must be. President Bruno, welcome to our Warhawk family.