Hawkeye seniors say goodbye

Jamie Arrington

Editor in Chief

Arrington will graduate with a degree in mass communication with a concentration in public relations and a minor in marketing.

After graduation, she plans to attend grad school out of state for non-profit management.

She has written for the Hawkeye since fall of 2011 and was the freestyle editor last semester. She will miss the Starbucks runs the most.

After gaining a masters degree she plans to continue her work with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital where she interned last summer.

Arrington is currently the Director of Up ‘til Dawn on ULM’s campus.

Landius Alexander

Online Multimedia Editor

Alexander will graduate with a degree in mass communications with a concentration in journalism.

He has worked for the Hawkeye since fall of 2012.

Last semester he was the opinion editor.

After graduation, Alexander plans to work for a newspaper or website covering sports or news.

He hopes to work out-of-state, but still stay in the south. He wants to stay where it’s warm.

He will miss helping out at The Hawkeye and working on headlines. Alexander is proud of his 3.57 GPA, but will not miss all of the schoolwork.

Drew McCarty

Sports Editor

McCarty will graduate with a degree in mass communications with a concentration in journalism. He will participate in the commencement ceremony in December.

After graduation, he plans to move to the sunny beaches of San Diego to pursue a career in broadcast journalism.

Following in the footsteps of his idol, Ron Burgandy, McCarty is sure to keep the sandy shores of San Diego classy.

Currently, he is involved in many activities. He will get married this summer to Taylor Spann, a fellow ULM student.