Facebook Messenger Faces Glitches

New and improved Facebook Messenger has mixed reviews about changes made.  Facebook Messenger is an instant messenger application created for mobile phones.

The new app allows users to send and receive text messages as well as photos through your Facebook account.

The app launched two weeks ago, and some users said they are irritated and others concerned over security issues.

Although the app was created to make messaging easier for Facebook users, development has proven otherwise.

Reported glitches in the making of Facebook messenger has been the hot topic of conversation.

Amos Olatayo, a psychology graduate student, said this has been the most trouble he’s had with Facebook.

“I can’t see the pictures I’m sharing using Facebook Messenger. I can’t receive them either. I tried sending an attachment picture to a friend through private messaging and the mobile app, or my laptop, will let me see them,” Olatayo said.

Facebook Messenger does not always give the right information. Every time you log in to Facebook it has to retrieve all user’s information from the server of billions of accounts.  Small glitches occur this way.

Ashlyn Evans, a freshman pre-nursing major, said she’s heard rumors about the difficulties using Facebook Messenger.

“I figured it was just my phone acting up, or that I needed to delete the app then reinstall it again. I tried that, and it was still really slow and draining my battery.

Until they update the app and fix whatever is going on, I won’t bother with it,” Evans said.

Facebook users have also discovered a bug exposing users’ private messages on their timelines.  This has concerned many about their privacy.

The application provided a quick fix for the bug, telling users to edit the privacy options on individual posts.

Click the “pencil” icon that appears at the top right of posts. The drop down menu will appear, then the user can choose to hide a particular post from the timeline or delete the post altogether.

Facebook will soon get rid of this loophole. Facebook is working on a new design that will improve all accounts and cure glitches of any kind.

They are planning to make a server side change which will zap the bug and dispose of most glitches.

While the workaround may not stay for long, Facebook messenger should soon be better than ever.

Facebook is a sit that is most commonly used in the soial media world. So, having security needed is a major factor in earning members.  Users should always be careful.