Up ’til Dawn brings back Trunk or Treat

Trunk-or-Treat is trying to get back on its feet this Halloween. Karly Hubbard hopes the event will help get Up ‘til Dawn’s name out there and bring together student organizations at ULM.

Hubbard, Up ‘til Dawn executive director, said that since Trunk-or-Treat was cancelled last year due to weather, this year is more about getting the event back on the ground and spreading awareness about Up ‘til Dawn.

Trunk-or-Treat provides children with a safe place to trick or treat. During the event, members of student organizations will line up their cars, decorate their trunks and dress up.

With trunks full of candy, children come around to fill their bags with treats and play games.

“If you don’t really know an environment where your kids can trick or treat safely then you can go ahead and come here,” said Hubbard. “Everything is really safe and everyone is really friendly.”

The event will take place on Halloween from 5 – 8 p.m. in the parking lot of Brown Stadium. Hubbard said there will be a lot of fun costumes and themes to see this year.

“As far as the Up ‘til Dawn trunk, we will be Disney themed. I also know there will be some football themes as well, some super heroes, so just a wide variety,” Hubbard said.

Up ‘til Dawn is a St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital fundraising organization. A couple of years ago, Trunk-or-Treat had a turnout of 30 trunks and 200 community members. Anyone on campus is encouraged to join or participate in Trunk-or-Treat.