Disney release Star Wars title

A tweet from Disney revealed the name of the new Star Wars film to be “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”. The heavily anticipated movie will premiere Dec. 18, 2015. That’s 395 days from today, Monday, Nov. 17.

The plot of “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” will pick up 30 years after the end of “Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi.” This will be the first Star Wars movie released in 10 years and the first made since Disney bought out Lucasfilm.

When Disney revealed the name of the new movie earlier this month, fans went crazy. Students shared mixed options about the mix-up.

Jalen Jack, a sophomore graphic design major, said he hopes the name is the only thing Disney is changing on the film.

“I’m glad to see that the franchise is finally getting back on its feet, but I’m just hoping that the CGI use doesn’t change up the appearance of the characters too much. Other than that, ‘The Force Awakens’ sounds pretty awesome,” Jack said.

Tabitha Loveless, a sophomore English major, is curious about what the new title means to the film.

“I’m interested to see how the title ties into the plot. I’m also happy that they’ve used the original cast,” Loveless said.

Myra Callender, a sophomore graphic design major, said it sounds childlike.

“It sounds like a fan fiction that a 13-year-old might write, but it may be good,” Callender said.

Jason Tran, a freshman undeclared major, said he just hopes the plot itself is not changed.