Don’t give lip about liner

In high school, there was this girl who everyone made fun of because she would get up three hours early for school just to do her hair and make-up. She never had a curl out of place or a wrinkle in her clothes.

Mascara was perfectly applied to every eyelash and not a smudge of lipstick could be seen on her teeth.

This girl enjoyed doing all of this despite the fact that people picked on her for it. People made fun of her every day, but she didn’t care. She liked how she looked and it made her happy.

She was confident in herself and people hated that, too. Those people thought that her face full of make-up and her confidence was a valid reason to hate her. To try to make her feel bad about herself.

People do this anytime they see someone whose style they don’t like or someone who is “fake.” Somehow enjoying make-up and taking time to do it became a bad trait. Taking five minutes to put make-up on or acting like a mascara wand confuses you became something to brag about.

A prime example of this is Kylie Jenner and her overdrawn lips. There are tons of articles on the Internet critiquing her lips and chronicling her make-up selfies.

Comments on these articles range from debating about whether she had Botox done to complaining about how this generation is ruined because little Jenner really likes lip liner.

Obviously she is applying her make-up to make her appear that way and obviously she does not care what other people think about it. Just because a bunch of catty people on Buzzfeed hate her lips doesn’t mean that she and her family are horrendous people.

Everyone who thinks they have to comment on Kylie Jenner’s lips needs to take a step back and remember she is a 17-year-old girl. She is a child who likes to put on make-up and is really good at it.

Why does this have to bother people so much? Why does this have to be a topic of interest? It shouldn’t matter that her lips are “fake” or that she wears a lot of make-up. It makes her feel confident and beautiful before she has to go out and get hounded by the paparazzi on her way to a grocery store. So let her be.

Make-up is an art whether you like it or not. Girls and guys are always going to paint their faces and nails and it doesn’t matter. It bothers the naysayers more than it bothers the winged eyeliner enthusiasts.

So stop rolling your eyes at the girl in your 8 a.m. class because she wore a dress when you think she should’ve worn pajama pants like a “real” person.

Let people wear what they want and like whatever they want. Dresses and make-up are fun to some people. It’s time to stop tearing them down for it.