Opt for healthier version of favorite meal

Let’s face it. Eating healthy in college can be just as hard as avoiding Netflix when you should be studying. Every day, finding a healthy meal became a struggle for me. I noticed it was a struggle my peers are dealing with as well.

According to the National Eating Disorders Association, the average student first starting off college will gain 2.5 to 5.5 pounds while living on campus. Another 25 to 35 percent will struggle with an eating disorders.

For most of us, we do not get enough rest in a week. When it’s time for class, we let the snooze wake us just in time to get dressed but not enough time to eat breakfast.

At night, we let our brains tell us we have to eat that cup of Ramen Noodles that’s just irresistibly sitting in the cabinet. But, I’m here to stray you away from such temptation, while still giving options.

Instead of choosing those typical dishes we love to indulge in, I’ll be here to help you opt to choose the healthier version.

Though I’m no expert, I am totally aware of the effects these meals have on the body. We can say I’m walking data.

Now, let’s talk about the infamous Ramen Noodle five star meal again. With every meal you’ll have your pros and cons. These noodles became an ideal meal due to its cost. A pack of soups can cost as less as a dollar. Though the pack helps the pockets, it will destroy many New Year’s resolutions.

One Chicken Noodle Soup pack of Ramen Noodles consists of 190 calories with 38 percent of sodium. Ironically, most of the calories and almost all of the sodium comes from the pack of seasoning. So, throw that out and get creative and crunch with Ramen Noodle Salad.

Ramen Noodle Salad:

1 pkg. (3 oz.) dry oriental-flavor ramen
noodle soup, noodles crumbled and
seasoning packet tossed
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 pkg. romaine-lettuce, spinach leaves or
kale leaves
1 pkg. of cranberries (optional)
1 pkg. of shredded carrots

Shake well and enjoy