Students predict spring fashions

New styles for spring have emerged despite the uncertainty of winter’s end.

Both stores and students prepare to debut new looks that will follow blossoming trends in current fashion.

Female and male students have sought fashion forecasts from media.

Ladies predicted certain accessories to gain and even re-gain popularity. Kaitlyn Harville, a junior secondary education major, said she thinks that Birkenstock shoes “are going to be big again.” This returning shoe might suggest that fashion trends often come full circle.

“I remember wearing them in elementary, and now I see cute, new styles of them,” Harville said.

Meghan Kurz, a senior nursing major, said she researched spring looks in fashion magazines to find new trends.

Kurz said, “Blanket scarves are going to be a new spring fashion trend.”

The future of fashion for male students might depend on multiple factors.

Jalen Hill, a junior kinesiology major, said he believes fashion trends are changing for the spring because of both weather and Hollywood influences.

“Climate will have a big influence on fashion for guys,” Hill said.

Hill said that the spring’s cooler climate and sunny days will cause men to break out their “colored shorts or pants” and prompt the early revival of “summer boots.”

Harper’s Bazaar also said colored shorts would be a fashion trend for men with “Bermuda shorts are back.”

Upcoming spring trends in tops for guys will include floral prints and button-downs.

Patrick Macklin, a sophomore toxicology major, said spring weather will likely motivate other men to wear “patterned, short sleeve button-downs.”