Twitter: Better than Facebook?

Is Twitter Better Than Facebook: You Be the Judge

In the last couple years, Twitter has taken the world by storm.  Founded in 2006, Twitter has over 70,000 registered applicants and over 65 million tweets a day, which averages to 750 tweets per second. That is a lot of tweeting. I have been on Twitter for about a year and a half now and I must say that this social media network is way better than Facebook. I have come up with 4 reasons why I think Twitter is better than Facebook.

1.     I get to talk to EVERYONE: What I mean is, with Twitter I have the opportunity to interact with everyone from my neighbor all the way to Kanye West.

2.     I no longer have to deal with useless quizzes, pokes, and tags: I can log on and go straight to tweeting without having to worry about unnecessary extras.

3.     I can receive a quick response from everyone anywhere and anytime: Because it is possible to send a message to almost anybody, it is also possible to get replies from anybody. Facebook simply restricts a member within the confines of his network and privacy settings. With Facebook, you often can only rely on a limited number of people for feedback.

4.     Twitter delivers news the fastest: Whether it is what is on the lunch menu or who is staring in the next horror film, Twitter will let me know. In comparison, Facebook is often used as a sharing platform for news to be spread out.

I have plenty other reasons, but these are the most important ones.

Through the years Facebook has changed its layout, privacy settings, and other features making the site seem juvenile. Upon entering college, I signed up for a Facebook account to make friends with other students as well as upperclassmen. At the time, there was no “FarmerVille” or a “Photo Memories” box. It was simple and easy to maneuver.

I hope Facebook will go back to the way it was. It doesn’t look that way, though.  It’s looking like as the years go by, Facebook will get more and more complex.  In the meantime, follow me on Twitter @JessCallMeLou.