Warhawks taste defeat in 1st road game of season against Sugar Bears

Despite a strong first half the Warhawks could not pull out a win against the Sugar Bears of Central Arkansas in their first road game of the season.

After going into the half with a 0-0 score and small edge in shots on goal and corners the Bears took the win with a goal in the 56th minute.

Battling it out in the first half the Warhawks almost put one in as junior Jenna Pillon tore past the defense on a fast break, but was denied by the Bears keeper.

The Warhawks entered into the half with a 4-2 advantage in shots, 2-0 upper hand in shots on goal, and 2-1 edge in corner kicks.

At the start of the second Krsiten Ricks of Central Arkansas dashed up the left wing and crossed the ball into the middle of the box setting up Ashley Smith for a goal into the upper right corner of the net. This proved to be the game winner.

The Warhawks fielded 22 players in their loss against the Sugar Bears. Freshman Julia Idalez Gonzales started her second game of the season and racked up six saves in the loss. ULM is now 5-3-1 against the team all time.

Coach Mazza feels the team still has a lot of room for improvement but has seen growth from them already.

“We need to get on the training field and get some hard practices. It has been a touch five game run in 10 days and I know we are getting better each game,” Mazza said.