Warhawks crush Colonels

Behind a powerful performance by quarterback Garrett Smith in his third career start the Warhawks rolled past Nicholls State.

“I think the recievers did a great job in giving me the opportunity to give them the ball,” said Smith.

ULM defense swarms around Nicholls State running back

The Colonels had no answer for ULM’s passing attack as the Warhawks  racked up over 370 yards in the air resulting in three touchdowns.

The Warhawks also rumbled for over 211 yards on the ground including a 28 yard burst by the quarterback in the second quarter.

The backs averaged over 5.3 yards per carry and carried it into the endzone on three separate occassions.

Locking down on defense ULM held Nicholls State to 260 yards throughout the game and kept them out of the endzone.

The Warhawks struck first in the game on a 25 yard field goal by Craig Ford.

Devonte McNeal then pounded it in from the three yard line to give the team a 10-0 first quarter lead.

Going into the second quarter ULM began to fire on all cyinders.

Smith delivered his first touchdown on a quarterback keeper from 10 yards out.

Smith then connected with Ajalen Holley twice and H. Scioneaux once to balloon ULM’s score by three more touchdwons.

A safety off of a blocked punt by Chris Tucker added to the onslought and ULM entered the half with a 40-0 lead.

The second half proceeded with further solid defensive play as the Warhawks allowed only 158 yards of offense.

The  Colonels failed to put up points and ULM preserved the shutout.

Coach Berry was pleased with the  resolve his team showed after the loss against Georgia.

“I’m really proud of our team and I thought the bounce back was good,’” Berry said.