#PlusIsEqual represents real women

Lane Bryant recently launched their newest sales campaign, and it’s carrying a lot of weight.

#PlusIsEqual is the hashtag the clothing store is promoting to acknowledge plus size women as beautiful.

The movement is designed to promote body love and teach people to not just to tolerate but appreciate every single body.

The founder and CEO of Lane Bryant, Linda Heasley  focuses on the statistic that 67 percent of women range in sizes 14-24 ,yet the media continues to fail to represent them.

Think thick thighs=good vibes.

The campaign featured voluptuous models strutting down the stage at New York Fashion Week.

They could not have looked more fabulous. Their confidence was radiating, and you could tell they loved and were proud of their bodies.

“The inequality exists and we’re continuing to balance the equation. Plus is equal. Our women are not only equal, they are sexy and fabulous!” said Heasley.

I could not agree more. The full promotional video at plusisequal.com will have you saying “curves on fleek” before you know it.

It’s is spot on, and is going to help put an end to the body shaming epidemic.

Seeing more realistically sized models on the biggest stage in the fashion world is inspiring, motivational and came right on time.

Perfect example: I was watching the Miss America Pageant last week as the swimsuit stage of the competition kicked off.

Excited and star-struck I checked my phone to keep up with the conversation.

Next thing I know Twitter is blowing up with allegations that  Miss Virginia is “thick.”

Stop. Excuse me? She is not thick. She was healthy, fit and fabulous. Calling her thick is exactly what’s wrong with society.

It’s no surprise that eating disorders are becoming more and more prevalent across the nation. Trying to keep up with the perfect body all the time is exhausting and quite frankly you shouldn’t have too.

The fact is: everyone is different. Women come in all shapes and sizes and should all be celebrated from double zero to double digits.

There is no denying the overwhelming amount of pressure women face when it comes to beauty. Women are constantly criticized for being too fat or too skinny.

The sad truth that women feel the need to be under weight while the #Dadbod trend is a sensation shows the double standard that undoubtedly exists in our society. Women who are overweight are seen to lack ambition and discipline while men seem to get a pass.

I’m not saying men don’t feel certain fat prejudices, but I am saying tese prejudices are much more abundant for women. No hard feelings against the dad bod either- I’m actually a huge fan.

What am I saying exactly? Stop judging other people on their waist line. Follow suit with #PlusIsEqual and start caring about the important things in life.