The new mainstream pop queen on the scene

When I heard this unique voice for the first time, I had to hear more.

This is only the beginning for Alessia Cara.

The R&B slow jams and bouncy pop tunes on 19-year-old Canadian singer Alessia Cara’s debut extended play (EP), “Four Pink Walls,” feels more like a personal manifesto than a party playlist.

“Went from ‘when boredom strikes’ to ‘Ms. star on the rise,’” Cara sings. She’s unapologetically young, and only going up from here.

Why should you be listening to Alessia Cara?

Her music reveals nothing but truth. With Cara being so young I’m sure all of us can relate to her music.

Her lead single “Here” is basically about a party she hated when she was 16.

She voices her hatred with the lyrics, “Excuse me if I seem a little unimpressed with this, an anti-social pessimist, but usually I don’t mess with this.” Those lyrics are so tasteful.

She’s a fantastic songwriter who was only 16 when she wrote most of the songs on the EP.

The technique she uses while writing is phenomenal.

She writes in such a way that makes even her slow songs catchy.

If you listen to her music, it will be like a reminder of your 17-year-old self and what you were feeling at that point in your life.

After years of posting covers to her YouTube channel from her parents’ house in Toronto, Cara rose to fame with the song “Here”.

The track was produced by Nicki Minaj and Usher and released through Def Jam Records.

The song gathered a half-million streams in its first week. It is now no. 16 on iTunes’ pop charts.

As far as her vocals go, they’re as smooth and rich as butter. Her voice moves swiftly and lightly in and out of the rhythms in each and every song.

I would describe Alessia Cara as a new kind of pop star: the outspoken wallflower.

Now that Cara has given the world a taste of what she can do, I’m sure her debut album will only mean amazing things for her.