Mazed-crazed, ‘Scorch Trials’

“Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials” is the second installment of the Maze Runner franchise.

I thought this film was breathtaking.

It possesses the most thrilling, eye-catching and daring scenes of the series so far.

The film throws obstacles in the group’s way, each of which bumps up the entertainment in the process.

This made the film visually pleasing.

Maze Runner was suspenseful — which kept me on the edge of my seat with life or death situations and betrayal.

“Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials,” is a mid-series film that is trying to tease the final installment of the franchise without giving the plot away.

After an intense hour in, you’ll almost feel the film holding itself back, although it doesn’t stop progressing it does stall.

But for me, it gave me just enough so that by the time the credits starting rolling I was still fully invested in the film and ready to see the finale.

“The Scorch Trials” immediately picked up from where the first sequal left off.

Thomas and his fellow Gladers are transported to a remote heavily guarded outpost after being rescued from the maze.

They find themselves in trouble after uncovering a diabolical plot from the organization WCKD.

The Gladers stage an escape into the Scorch and encounter dangerous obstacles along the way — some involing zombies.

The Gladers only hope may be to find the “Right Hand,” a group of resistance fighters who can help them battle WCKD.