Starbucks delivers an app for colleges

Cure found for coffee cravers on-the-go

The come-up

The successful coffee shop is launching mobile ordering nationwide.

Customers in the United States will be able to order and pay for their food and drinks using the Starbucks app on both iPhone and Android devices. All they have to do is walk into the store and pick it up.

Easy access

More fast-food chains are developing technology that allows consumers to place their orders themselves.

Taco Bell is one of few that have also introduced mobile ordering apps, while others like McDonald’s are installing in-store kiosks.

Branching out

The service will be available at over 7,000 company-owned chains in the U.S. but not the thousands of other locations run by licensees (those in Target for example.)

About 1 in 5 Starbucks customers already pay by app, which helps to speed up the line. 

In test markets, mobile ordering helped Starbucks to increase sales. 

No wait, no problem

The company hopes they can eliminate wait times by allowing customers to order before they arrive.

People will be more willing to stop in during the morning rush hour or when they have little time to spend in line. 

Please and thank you

For those who don’t want to step foot in a Starbucks at all, the chain is also working on a delivery service.

The upcoming, order-to-deliver franchise will target customers placing group orders mainly for five or more people.

Starbucks CEO, Howard Schultz, is looking forward to launching yet another advancement to the company. He believes it will benefit the company and take the franchise to the next level, taking the idea not only in the U.S. but internationally as well.

Starbucks delivery plans to be up and running by 2016.