Movie rewind: what team? Wildcats!

“I can’t believe that it has been ten years since ‘High School Musical,’ I remember going to my friends house to watch it when it came out and I loved it,” said Elisa Murillo senior atmospheric science major.

“High School Musical” debuted on Disney Channel in 2006, sky rocketing to the head of the class.

The stars of the movie reunited for the film’s ten-year anniversary.

The cast gathered last Sunday to tape segments that aired during Disney Channel’s telecast of the movie on Wednesday, Jan. 20.

They filmed at a high school gym in Los Angeles, where they sat down to share fond memories of the film.

Zac Efron is the only cast member that was not a part of the reunion.

“Seeing the cast back together again reaffirms what made it special 10 years ago,” said Disney Channel Worldwide’s president Gary Marsh in a press statement. “It’s their optimism, their dedication and their extraordinary talent.”

“High School Musical” was a big part of a lot of kid’s childhood.

Coleman said that people come up to her and say that this movie is the reason they started singing and dancing.

“I wish they would make another with them in college, including things college kids could relate to. That would be awesome,” Murillo said.

“HSM was a film that made kids believe that their dream were possible” Kortnei Barber senior kinesiology major said.

So, the next time you’re trying to find something to watch on Netflix consider watching it and reminisce on the joy this movie brought to you as a child.