Phi Mu Alpha’s refuse to be Omega as they stroll their way to a win

The ace Alpha male dressed in his black and gold greek jacket walked slowly to the center of the floor.

He blew his whistle to the echoes of the roaring crowd.

The blaring hip-hop music turned off. Everyone surrounding and above the girls eagerly sat with their phones ready to record the winner.

“And for first place. With 88.9 points…Phi Mu!” Alpha Phi Alpha member, Darius Smith announced in the mic.

Eta Chi Alpha phi Alpha fraternity hosted their annual Stroll like an Alpha on Thursday evening in Brown Gym.

Besides compiling philanthropic donations of the event, SLA allows lady Warhawks to exalt their inner ape and compete through choreographed stroll, dance and chant.

Students donated a canned good for a discounted price of $1 or $2 without a can for admission.

The cans were donated to a local food bank and the money was disbursed amongst the winning group and the Eta Chi chapter.

For Alpha coach Nigel Cribbs and his phenomenal Phi Mu team, this was their opportunity to make a glassing impression.

After years of being an assistant coach of Stroll like an Alpha, senior mathematics major Nigel Cribbs was ready to take charge and portray his vision of true Alpha women.

“I had our concept in my head before we even started; we just had to bring it out to the world,” Cribbs said.

Elaine Blanco, Sydney Davis, Laykin Hair, Samantha Vaughn, Katelynn Giddens and Kayla Prestenbach portrayed the Cinderellas and Cribbs was their fairy Alpha brother.

With the help of some Alpha punch for energy, yellow rose– which is the Alphas’ flower– to serenade the guys surrounding them, and three wardrobe changes, Phi Mu transformed from Cindies to ice cold Ceasars.

For junior music education major Sydney Davis, even though everything was not always bippity-boppity, their sisterly bond made the vision into a reality.

“Some challenges of stepping was timing. Being a unit is key, and it took a lot of patience,” Davis said.

Throughout the challenging practices and moments of warm laughter, the Phi Mus bonded closer as sisters and showed their true strength as a team.