Nostalgia creeps back with ‘Bare Necessities’

This week, one of many children’s favorite movie, “The Jungle Book” was released in theatres.

I loved this new version and it’s new look.

The scenes were so vivid and breathe taking. Whenever Mowgli took off running through the jungle, I felt as if I was right beside him.

I also like how the artist made Baloo look less intimidating. We all know on the inside he is just a big cuddly bear and I’m happy that his appearance to be a real startling bear didn’t affect his bubbly personality.

The only issue I see with this movie is very small kids watching it.

When kids my age were young, the movie was animated and not so frightening.

With the Hollywood effects, some children may not take characters like Kaa to be just a pretty snake, but a very scary animal that always wants to cause trouble.

My favorite scene in the entire movie was Mowgli and Baloo singing the classic song down the river, “Bare Necessities of Life.”

I know some people would say that’s not the best part, but hearing it after all these years put me back to my younger years and made me feel so child-like.

Over all, I would say this remake of the movie was great with visuals and story-telling.

I just feel as if today’s kids would not get the same feeling kids my generation had when the story first came out.

Some of the scenes may be too realistic for small children but I hope they really enjoy the movie in it’s entirety.