Women’s golf concludes season in

Josh Dean

Team places last in Sun Belt Conference Championships

The duo of freshman Ashton Maddaloni and junior Michaela Osborne led the team on day one at the Raven golf course with scores of nine over par.

The leaderboard was tight with only 25 strokes separating the last place Warhawks and first place Troy.

Two birdies highlighed ULM’s first eighteen as Maddaloni tapped the ball in after two on the par eight and junior Devanshi Naik on the par-5 third.

The second day saw the Warhawks pick up their play as three players carded a below 80 score.

Freshman Olivia Landberg recorded a seven over par 78, Osborne an eight over par 79, and Maddaloni a six over par 77.

Lanberg moved up five spots with her score of seven over, and hit in a birdie on the par-five seventeenth.Osborne’s eight over par came on an up and down.

She tapped in three double bogeys and two bogeys but tapped in thirteen pars in the round.

Maddaloni was three over early in the round but managed to record only three more bogeys the rest of the round.

The round was a seven-stroke improvement overall for the Warhawks and put them nine strokes behind the eighth place Appalachian State Mountaineers.

The final day Naik came in with the low score for the team shooting a seven over 78.

She was followed by Maddaloni at eight over who finished in a tie for 23rd overall, and the best on the team.

The Warhawks place in last, and were 16 strokes behind eighth.