The problem with #BLM

(Anonymous Author)

First off, I just want to say that black lives DO matter. If at the end of this article you get a different feeling please refer back to the first and third sentence of this article as many times as you need.

Once again black lives DO matter.

Now that that is out of the way, I’d like to say I don’t think black lives are top priority to the people way up in the BLM movement.

I also don’t think cops and white people are to blame for making black lives matter “less” than other lives. I think part of the problem starts right at home.

Let’s look at some recent BLM rallies. Milwaukee, St. Paul, Baton Rouge, Ferguson.

All of these riots started over police shooting someone. Most of the victims had very lengthy arrest records. Most of these men probably caused other black men to go to jail whether it be dealing drugs, or anything else violence related.

If black lives really do matter, then why is the group advocating riots? If you cannot respect yourself, take pictures with guns pointed at the camera, have tattoos all over your face, sell drugs or have violent gang related dealings with other people often, then how can anyone else respect you?

Statistics over the years have shown blacks to have a higher chance of incarceration, a higher chance of being a victim of violent crime and a higher chance of committing violent crime.

According to the Department of Justice, blacks make up 13 percent of the population; yet make up 47.4 percent of homicide victims and 52.5 percent of offenders. 93 percent of the murders of black men were actually caused by other blacks.

How can these same people screaming black lives matter be the same people responsible for taking so many black lives? Al Sharpton and others constantly scream that police brutality is so common towards blacks, but where is the criticism for other blacks killing so many of their own?

Also let’s look at some other statistics. This one is on abortion.

Again blacks make up around 13 percent of the US population.  According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, blacks also accounted for 35.7 percent of all abortions. In 2012 there were more black babies killed by abortion (31,328) in New York City than were born (24,758).

This is insane that the people who use BLM movement to get TV time and further themselves, have not pointed this out. How can black lives matter to these people, yet they are being murdered inside the womb at this astounding rate?

The answer to making black lives matter “equally” is not going to be found in these violent riots over hardened criminals. The answer is not going to be found by shooting policemen to get “even.” This is also ludicrous considering more white people are killed by police annually, but the BLM people don’t care about facts.

The way to make black lives matter more is to stop the killing. Stop the gang fights, the drug related homicides, the outlandish rates of abortion. Stop it!

Black lives do matter just as much as any other life on the planet.

Black lives mattering is not the main goal of the BLM movement. It has become nothing more than a ruse to loot, riot and burn cities to the ground with no repercussions.

It also allows people to get on television to get a little face time such as Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

If they want to see a difference, it has to start in the home. 72 percent of blacks are raised in a single parent home. There are countless studies that show single parent raising has a direct effect on the chances of the child being a criminal.

Another disappointing fact, 27.4 percent of blacks live in poverty. There are countless other studies showing how poverty raises the chances of being a criminal.

We know the root problems of why blacks feel like they “don’t matter.” It’s not the cause of whites, or police or anyone else. The problems begin at home.

This movement is not doing anything to help blacks. Really it’s only making the stereotypes worse and in turn making racial issues worse. It’s time to do something to end racism for all, but this movement is not the answer. Black lives will never “matter” as much if we keep letting this group represent the entire population.

To read the article that counters this, please visit: https://www.ulmhawkeyeonline.com/?p=18887

View Comments (54)