Olympians make mistakes too, they’re human beings

We all know by now that Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte and three of his teammates lied about being robbed at gun point.

First of all, we as a society only pay attention to Olympic athletes during the Olympics.

Had this happened six months ago, it may have gotten reported on, but no one would have paid that much attention to it.

We see Olympians as “perfect people” in the most perfect physical condition they will ever be in, but they are still people and people make mistakes.

Let’s be honest, I’m pretty sure not very many people even knew who Ryan Lochte was before this, but now he’s becoming a household name. Everyone knows who he is.

He may have lost four different sponsorships, but he is still an Olympic gold medalist, and that’s a whole lot more than a lot of us are doing.

I agree that he shouldn’t have done what he did. It was pretty stupid, and I know a lot of people probably think that he made American look bad, well, look worse.

Don’t forget though, no publicity is bad publicity because, like I said, everyone knows who he is now. He is even going to appear on the next season of “Dancing with the Stars.”

The teammates that were with Lochte were Jimmy Feigon, 26, Gunner Bente, 20, and Jack Conger, 21.

Lochte and Feigon were indicted, but before they were, Lochte was already back in the US,  and Feigon was MIA.

Bente and Conger were headed back to the US when Rio law enforcement pulled them off the plane to ask them questions. Bente and Conger gave the police the information they needed and the police released them. Which makes sense because Bente and Conger are just kids, they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I would have snitched too.

Lochte and Feigon are adults and should take responsibility for what happened.

Lotche was charged for falsely reporting a robbery, and he will be summoned back to Rio for trial. So all this stuff about “white privilege” and “boys will be boys” can just go away.

He took attention away from the rest of the Olympics and he felt bad about it. I think his apology was sincere.

Whether they are, actors or Olympians, we need to stop holding people to higher standards than everyone else.