Our society needs Christ

If you have already come to your own personal decision that God doesn’t exist, this article may not change that, but I encourage you to keep an open mind.

The evidence is undeniable, Christianity is crumbling; its authority and influence is fading.

For example, the April 4th, 2014 MIT Technology review began an article about the relationship of the internet to religion with this: “Back in 1990, about 8% of the United States’ population had no religious preference. By 2010, this percentage had more than doubled to 18%, that is a difference of about 25 million people, all of which have somehow lost their religion.” But the question is why?

When asked if they believe in God in the Pew Research Centers 2014 religious landscape study, 89% of Americans said “yes,” this is a decrease from the 92% in 2007.

Nearly one-in-ten people, that’s 9%, now say they don’t believe in God, and only 63% are certain He exists, which is down 8% since 2007.

That’s a lot of numbers and percentages to keep up with, I know, but I think it is pretty obvious that our society is drifting further and further away from Christ.

So why is this happening?

First, we humans have always had trouble doing even the simple things God asks of us. The Old Testament story of Israel and Judah reveals repeated cycles of their following God for a while but inevitably being drawn away.

They were often were tempted to integrate their neighbor’s religious practices or to substitute their own ideas of righteousness. We’ve been doing the same ever sense.

Second, or society is going through a phase of fascination where science and technology are the “Gods” these days. Anything that does not fall in with the “program” will be looked down upon.

Third, it’s kind of like guns. You hear about people carrying guns because they are used to compensate feelings of weakness or fear. “I need a gun to shoot the guy that might kill my family,” that’s fear and delusion, not reason.

Spirituality is looked down upon as weak because concepts of spirituality are very useful for camouflaging weakness.

So, what does our society need to do to change this?

We are in the most difficult times in the history of our nation. Recent events have shaken the foundation of our nation.  Trapped in the middle of that is the church and people who need to choose who they want to be and who they want to serve.

There is so much pain, hatred and discord in our society right now.

In this era, we need the truth of the word to be shared in love, humility, grace, passion and clarity like never before.

We need voices that will not compromise. We need churches that reflect the heart of God and the character of Jesus. To fight for those who cannot fight for themselves. We need to care less about culture and color and more about the Kingdom because that’s what matters in the end.

What our country needs most is for our generation to step up and be unashamed of loving Jesus.

Our generation has been infected with being casual when it comes to a desperate moment, like changing our profile pictures for a day for some tragic even and then moving on to the next thing.

Casual as in, we don’t want to seem too much in love with Jesus, because that would be weird, so we might lift our hands a little bit or pray a couple of times.

We don’t want to put Scriptures  on our Facebook wall because people will think we are corny.

We need to stop worrying about saving our image and be the image of God for other people.

Everyone wants us to be quiet about our faith. The moment someone says the name of Jesus, it’s offensive.

I don’t want to have to apologize for being a Christian and believing in God.

The enemy is looking for access, he’s just looking for a way into your mind so he can plant evil seeds into your heart that will take root in your soul and corrupt your flesh so you will wonder if God really loves you or not.

The enemy has distracted our generation so much that we have become numb to what is happening in our society.

God is looking for a generation that will have His heart.

You need to know where your heart stands with God because there are temptations that are looking to corrupt your heart every chance they get.

We need to not only live how Jesus lived and love how Jesus loved but also love who Jesus loved.

If everyone in your circle is saved, your circle is too small. Light can’t infect light. Light works best in darkness.

In order to truly have peace and change what is going on in our society we need to do what God has wanted us to do all along and that is love one another.