Shawn Mendes’ new album illuminates

This album is all about love.

Falling into it, falling out of it, heartbreak and getting back together.

I can’t help but wonder what girl broke this boy’s heart to make him write this album.

Shawn Mendes got his start like a lot of other artist these days, online. He started posting covers on the famous sharing application, Vine, and his fan base began growing from there.

He caught the attention of Island Records and signed with them.

At the age of 16, Shawn released his debut album “Handwritten” in 2015 and it reached number one on Billboard’s 200 albums chart. His song “Stiches” peaked at number one on the charts and stayed there for a while.

Now at 18, Shawn is doing it all over again with his second album “Illuminate.” As soon as the album was released it sky rocketed to number one on iTunes, earning his second Billboard number one album.

I love this album; every song tops the next.

My absolute favorite is “Mercy”. “I drive through the night just to be near you baby. Heart open testify, tell me that I’m not crazy.” What 18-year-old writes those kind of lyrics?

You can hear the pain and passion in his voice. So much so that you can’t help but to feel that same passion and pain when listening to him.

This album has an alternative and singer-songwriter sound with some rock influenced beats and vocals.

Some of my other favorites include: “Ruin,” in this song he wants her to know that he is only one for her, and “Treat you Better,” which was his lead single off this album that reached number one on iTunes in a matter of minutes.

Shawn Mendes is a force to be reckoned with, he can’t be stopped. Anything he does is great and shoots straight to the top, and this new album will illuminate the world.