Soccer loses to Coastal Carolina

The first ever meeting between The ULM Soccer team and Coastal Carolina was a tough one, as the Warhawks lost Friday’s matchup 4-0.

The game was played in Boone, N.C., on the campus of Appalachian State, due to the threat of Hurricane Matthew making the game cold and rainy.

Coastal’s attack was alive and well as they put one in the back of the net just 14 minutes into the game. The bleeding didn’t stop there, as Coastal netted three more goals before halftime. The four goals were scored in a four and a half minute span.

Coastal managed to produce 10 shots in the first half and 13 the entire game. The Warhawks only generated one shot in the first half and four in the entire game. It was clear that Coastal’s ball movement and attacking was overwhelming for the Warhawk defenders.

Coastal’s attack would later settle down as the game progressed into the second half. In the second half there was a better effort shown by the Warhawks as they held Coastal to only three shots. The team began to show a sense of urgency to get back into the game.

The Warhawks showed some fight by not allowing a goal in the second half. Coastal’s defense proved too much for the Warhawks as they didn’t allow a goal, despite the Warhawks attempting three shots.

Warhawk’s Sophomore Goalkeeper, Brooke Scroggins, recorded four saves while senior midfielder, Mary Ashton Lembo, was the only player to produce a shot on goal.

The Warhawks will continue their conference play on the road, moving forward to build on the positives heading into the next game in Lafayette, La. against the UL-Lafayette.

Kickoff for the match is Sunday, October 16 at 1:00p.m.