Trumpcare flops again, we still don’t have decent coverage

Kaitlin Maness

Four years of classes, countless last minute assignments, parties that nearly cost you a F in a test, late night study sessions and it all ends with one proud walk across the stage. It has to be special.

As Warhawks prepare to take flight out of the nest and into the “real world,” 31 Ambassadors along with the Alumni Association coordinated the Grad Finale for graduating seniors.

Grad Finale was a one-stop shop for  students to procure their caps, gowns, grad pictures, invitations, class ring and anything else required for the big day.

Meleke Cotton, an eULM student,  worked full time while pursuing his college education.

“It feels pretty surreal. It took a long time to get here,” Cotton said as he clutched his cap and gown.

Cotton will be graduating in psychology this December.

The Alumni Association partnered with 31 Ambassadors to bring the class ring to campus through Balfour. The ring features the new ULM logo, a view of the Bayou and its 6 cypress trees, iconic buildings on campus and other symbolic imagery.

“Our main goal [as the Alumni Association] is to serve alumni and bridge the gap between the students and our alum. This is a one stop shop for graduation,” said Dani Walker, the Associate Director of Alumni Affairs.

Students who registered for the Alumni Association also received a free t-shirt and 15% off everything in the bookstore, including the cap and gown.

The event also had representatives from ULM graduate school, eULM and financial aid to guide students for life after college.

Although some were still undecided about their future, marketing senior Josh Usie plans to receive an MBA at ULM after graduating this year.

“I am excited and nervous at the same time to see this four year journey come to fruition,” Usie said. “This is just a stepping stone to the next thing I’m trying to achieve.”

Stephanie Arvie, a worker from the La Capitol on campus, reviewed the products and services available to those pursuing further education post-graduation. The federal credit union cooperates with graduates on their financing needs and vehicle, mortgage or student loans.