I20 Night brings worship to surrounding areas

This past Thursday, students from four college campuses gathered at Louisiana Tech’s BCM for a fairly new event, I20 Worship Night.

I20 Night consists of four university BCM’s; ULM, Tech, LSUS and Grambling coming together to worship.

This is the second year this event has taken place and around 250 students attended.

Students arrived and were able to catch up with old friends and meet new ones.

Students played games and ate pizza before worship began at seven.

Grambling’s new BCM associate director, Roy Brown, spoke and encouraged students from the four BCM’s.

Brown feels this event is important and a huge encouragement to students involved with BCM.

This event reminds each BCM that they’re not in this alone.

They all strive for the same goal, making the name of Christ known.

Brown said, “We are better suited when we are connected to a body of believers.”

Jacob Anderson, a senior biology major at ULM, attended I20 Night last year and this year.

Anderson’s favorite part is the community the ministries have with one another.

Anderson said often times BCM’s can feel isolated to what they have going on at their own campus.

“It’s good to meet with one another and encourage other believers who you wouldn’t often see without this event,” Anderson said.

BCM intern at Louisiana Tech, Kelsie Miller, has been involved with BCM since she came in as a freshmen.

Miller attended both I20 nights and said her favorite part of the night was the message.

Miller summed up the message saying, “When you come face-to-face to Jesus the heavy burdens you carry don’t matter anymore, the purpose of them doesn’t matter anymore.”

Brown did a good job of getting his message across and keeping the crowd on their toes when he spoke.

A senior education major at LSUS, Daniel Russell, enjoyed the message as well.

“Roy engaged the audience; it was practical, and not too formal,” said Russell.

Students were never bored or daydreaming too much, because Brown would often crack jokes to keep them laughing and focused.

Each student left I20 night with something to hold on too, whether it was memories made with old or new friends or the message they heard.

Students all agreed that they would attend another BCM gathering in the future if the opportunity arose.