ULM Mourns loss of professor Patricia Roshto

Jimmon Felton

The ULM community mourns the death of an accounting professor. On Friday, December 29, 2017, ULM lost Professor Patricia “Patti” Roshto. 

Professor Roshto died quietly in her sleep beside her husband Gary in their home of 33 years in Monroe. The couple was celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary.

The death of Professor Roshto was an unexpected occurrence for everyone she knew. Roshto was 64 years old at the time of her death and an employee of the university for the last 35 years of her life.

Roshto was known as a loving person from those she came in contact with.

Patti Roshto was born January 31, 1953 in Alexandria, Louisiana where she attended and graduated with honors from Pineville High school. Afterwards Roshto enrolled at Northeast Louisiana University (now ULM) where she graduated with a degree in accounting.

Roshto went on to receive her Master’s at NLU as well. After graduating from NLU, Roshto took up a job at the university as a professor where she remained for 35 years. Before her death, Roshto was given a new office and scheduled to teach in the spring semester starting in mid-January.

Roshto is survived by her husband Gary Roshto, their three kids Aleecia, Andrew, Angela and the couple’s eight grandchildren. She is also survived by her sister Edith.

Memorials left in Professor Roshto’s honor can be made at the ULM foundation to the Patricia G. Roshto Memorial Fund.