ULM to host third annual Women’s Symposium

As part of International Women’s History Month, ULM is hosting its third annual Women’s Symposium in the brand-new Bayou Pointe student event center.

This year, the committee will be honoring their first ULM undergrad student- senior education major Nirali Patel. Patel will be the first ever recipient of the Emerging Student Leader Award.

This student is an individual who contributes to the empowerment, motivation and encouragement of fellow peers and fosters positive change.

The recipient of this award shows exemplary leadership qualities through student organizations, academic excellence and community service.

Throughout her years at ULM, Patel has been involved in several leadership organizations which include Campus Activities Board, 31 Ambassadors, Student Government Association and Up-til-Dawn.

The Women’s Symposium will feature discussions in a panelist/moderator format.

Panelists include university faculty, staff and prominent leaders within the community.

Some of the topics will include financial health, diversity and cultural awareness, social media consciousness, overall health and self-care, authentic leadership and negotiations and communication.

The theme of the Women’s Symposium this year is WINGS: Women Influencing the Next Generation of Success. The mission of the symposium is to empower, motivate and encourage girls and women from all backgrounds and all educational and professional levels to pursue their passions and seek leadership roles in their desired career paths.

The event starts at noon on Wednesday, March 28, in the Bayou Pointe Event Center. Registration for students is free. ULM faculty register at a discounted rate of $20, and everyone else registers at the original $35 price.

Registration occurs through the following link: www.eventbrite.com/e/2018-ulm-womens-symposium-tickets-43169935439. For any questions, email Meredith McKinnie at [email protected] or Rebekah Barnes at [email protected]