Team receives boat prior to national championship

Prajal Prasai, [email protected]

Coach Michael Woodgate is excited about the arrival of the new ski boat.
As a support for the ski team, ULM recently gained a new 2020 MasterCraft ProStar which is the first of its kind in Louisiana.
The boat will be an essential piece of equipment to help them perform better.
Woodgate is thankful “for their continued support of the water ski team that enables us to train at the best collegiate facility in the nation allows us to be in a position, year after year, to compete for and win national championships”
The team was presented with the new boat at a ceremony on Sept. 10. They were also awarded rings for their spectacular skiing in 2018 which garnered the Warhawks’ 29th title.
The ski team has been a Warhawk pride for 40 years, winning 29 national titles in the time frame.
“We are so proud of our national champion ski team. Not only have they excelled on the water, but they have excelled in the classroom and beyond,” said Camille Currier, the Student Affairs vice president.
ULM made this purchase with the help of various alumni. “To be able to purchase this first-edition, top-of-the-line boat with the assistance of MasterCraft Boats and B & L Marine is a testament to how truly gifted these world-class student-athletes are,” Currier said.
As a ULM club sport, the ski team is under the supervision of the Office of Student Affairs.
Waterski team will hit the road to Bell Acqua Lakes, California to defend their title as national champions on Oct. 10-12. The team will be competing against other talented student-athlete water skiers in the country.