Retaking sections of ACT (AGAINST)

There will be new options concerning the ACT test starting in September 2020, including retaking sections of the test, according to act.org.
I am not against students getting to showcase their highest potential. However, I am against the possible consequences that might spur from this new change: the devaluement of ACT scores and a missed opportunity to gain meaningful life skills.
Yes, I agree; this is a wonderful chance for everyone to get the highest score possible on the ACT. The only flaw lies in the word everyone.
Once too many people start making above average ACT composition scores from simply focusing in on one specific section and then retaking it, colleges will no longer take ACT scores as seriously. They won’t be able to award everybody scholarships based on their scores anymore.
To make up for this new error, they will either put more emphasis on students’ SAT scores nationwide or focus more on resumes to weed out scholarship winners.
If the former is turned to, we will inevitably be right where we are now in the future: allowing students to retake sections of the SAT.
If the latter comes into play, high school students will start getting involved in every club and organization they can rather than the ones they’re actually interested in just so they’ll look good on their applications.
This will hurt not only the students, but also the organizations that they randomly participate in because they do not care.
According to statistics on act.org, of 2015 graduates who retested, 57% improved their Composite score on their second testing.
Students who retested multiple times tended to do better than single-testers. These students had to be persistent enough in studying to reach their goal. They had to both improve their weaknesses and maintain their strengths at the same time. The skill of balance is clearly an essential lesson learned here.
To better understand what I am explaining, imagine it in terms of working on yourself. When bettering your personality, you don’t simply stop executing all of your good qualities to improve your flaws. You improve your flaws while showcasing that your good qualities still are, in fact, your good qualities. It’s a balance.
As I said before, it is persistence, balance and a whole lot of patience that help you to achieve an ACT score that satisfies you personally.
I am not trying to be one of those people who posts “GRIND HARD 25/8” with an unnecessary amount of emojis, because I enjoy a good shortcut/break as much as the next person.
However, I do keep in mind this known fact while wanting to make shortcuts: the harder you work to achieve a goal, the happier you will be when you achieve it.