In-person classes should be available to everyone

Since the beginning of the pandemic, the choice between in-person or virtual learning has been extremely difficult. Many schools have opted for the virtual option leaving a large percentage of students struggling to keep up with their responsibilities and studies. 

Although online learning has become more popular among instructors and some students, virtual teaching has caused a considerable number of students to feel disconnected from their teachers and classmates, leading to a decrease in content comprehension and passion for their classes. 

This is why in-person education should be an option for all students.

Many students learn more effectively in an interactive environment where they can achieve a more personalized learning experience. If students abide by COVID safety and prevention protocols, there is no reason to limit the learning experience provided by attending a normal class setting. 

Several students also have trouble with the time management and self-teaching that comes along with online courses and find it much easier to retain information learned in person rather than through the screen of their laptop. 

Taking away the most effective learning method, traditional classroom teaching, will be detrimental to students’ educational experience. Schools strive to create future leaders, doctors, teachers and more. 

By placing students in an online setting with less structure and more chances to slack off, the quality of the world’s future leaders could diminish enormously. 

Without proper motivation, many students will not give their all in class, leading to underqualified future workers of America and the world. 

Overall, online classes cause more harm than good to today’s students, and in-person learning should be offered to all students provided they follow proper safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID. 

To take the opportunity of a rich and full learning experience from students and replace it with a laptop screen puts them at such a disadvantage for their future and the next chapter of their lives. 

The knowledge, wisdom and experience students gain from classroom learning cannot be gained by the ever-growing popularity of virtual learning alternatives. 

America’s future leaders deserve the best educational experience available to them.