Warhawks rock ‘n’ roll with Oswald Brothers Band in Investiture Week celebration

The entire campus sprang to life and danced as the Oswald Brothers kicked off their best songs on the bayou bridge last Thursday. 

Oswald Brothers Band, also known as OBB, is an American pop-rock band. OBB includes three siblings Zach Oswald, the lead vocalist, Jacob Oswald, the lead guitarist and Nicholas Oswald, the lead drummer and background vocals. 

The Oswald brothers were both surprised and excited to perform for the first time on Bayou Bridge. 

Zach said he was intrigued to be a part of ULM’s 90th anniversary and investiture week celebration. He said if given a chance, he would love to come again and perform for the energetic and supportive Warhawks. 

“My brothers and I are excited to play for this beautiful campus and look at the fireworks later tonight,” Zach said. “We were surprised to learn that we were performing on the bridge. Having done that, it will now go off my bucket list.” 

This concert was a big part of the celebrations to commemorate the investiture of the ninth president of the university and the university’s 90th anniversary. 

From choosing artists to getting the bridge concert ready, the Campus Activities Board worked hard to make this event a success. 

Ethan Estis, the concert committee head of CAB, said he and his board members chose OBB because they perfectly complemented the demographic of the university and are great at performing.

“Hosting the concert on the bridge signified bridging the gap between students and the administration,” Estis said. “This makes it a perfect spot to hold this event with the library in the background and fireworks at the dock to cap off the Investiture Week celebrating Dr. Berry’s presidential success.”

Todd Ryals, a freshman computer science major, said he learned about the concert from some of his friends and wanted to join the festivities. He said he enjoyed watching OBB play at the bridge.

There were plenty of pork sandwiches, games and refreshments to go around. 

The fireworks show was a spectacular way to end the night. 

Nishma Gautam, the public relations officer of CAB, said CAB had to postpone the fireworks from the week of welcome to Investiture Ieek because of the weather.

“It was a perfect opportunity for us to showcase the fireworks as we inaugurate our president, Dr. Berry,” Gautam said.

CAB left no stone unturned during the ninth investiture week. The concert together with the Burritos with Berry and the Skatetown events, made the week memoraable for students.